Commercial Analyst part-qualified or full CIMA
As a Commercial Analyst, you will be supporting a team of Commercial Managers in their need for meaningful insight which in turn helps them manage 3rd party vendor relationships. The principal aspect is around trading - what's selling, why, how, as well as any ideas or recommendations on how to fix/improve performance based on what the data is telling you.
This will include supporting things like business case development, giving the Commercial Managers insights which support their decisions around these.
Also looking at co-operative spend between this business and its 3rd party re-sellers, prioritising where and how to use that budget in order to achieve the overall commercial objectives and targets.
This business area is seen as one which controls a lot of the company's spend, especially since it's responsible for at least half of all sales the company achieves each year. So that's billions of Pounds in turnover, and millions of sales per annum.
On top of this, you will also be preparing a monthly KPI pack, which will be distributed and discussed by the business' Directors with all 3rd party vendors to ensure trading plans and agreements have been met, and provide further commentary on observations and opportunities to enhance the relationship, as well as commercial performance.
Finally there's the quarterly trading plans. In this capacity you will be again supporting the Commercial Managers by providing insights around how things are performing, any trends observed in the data and meaning that can be drawn from this.
Because of the lean of this role being on the commercial side of things, the company is keen to engage people from a finance or accounting type background, and perhaps you've either completed or are part-way through studying for a CIMA.
The business you will be joining is within the consumer telecoms and media space. The key aspect around this role is looking after all indirect sales channels sold through retail and etail channels.
The business itself is a massive consumer brand, so this role is in-industry rather than consultancy or agency. It's also working for a market leader, and brand that's well recognised and respected across the UK.
If you're interested in finding out more about this opportunity, why not contact Colin Doree at Blue Pelican today.
Role: Commercial Analyst
Location: Central London
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 (based on experience)
Benefits: 10% bonus, pension, flex-fund and lots more.
- Great numerical skills, preferably demonstrated through education in a numerical subject
- Really polished Excel skills - working with pivot tables, macros and formulas
- Evidence working with large volumes of data and making sense of it all
- Either fully qualified or part-qualified CIMA
- Ideally you have experience in looking at trading data, or come from a finance analysis or accounting type background and are keen on moving into a commercial role that's in-industry
- Solid PowerPoint skills and comfortable in delivering presentations
- Great at extracting meaning from data and articulating it, turning it into business speak that's simple to understand
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call and ask for the marketing division.