Quantity Surveyor - Commercial Interiors and High End Residential
Boutique main contractor that turns over about £12M per year and is happy where it is, seeks a mid level flexible Quantity Surveyor. 50% of the work is commercial interiors with 50% high end residential, usually based within the confines of the M25. The initial project is a £3.5 Million complex refurbishment commencing this month.
The company has around 20 staff with a commercial team of 4 people, one of whom is looking to move abroad.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to.
- Check and approve subcontractor claims for payment
- Assess and cost variations to contract
- Update and maintain records
- Assist with contract valuations
- Assist with monthly cost/value reconciliations
- Assist with the submission and agreement of final accounts
- Be a key point of contact for the client with commercially related matters.
As the ideal candidate you are likely to have an excellent knowledge of building along with significant experience delivering the kind of work described. Its a small company with a flat structure, so you will be a hands on person who doesn't require masses of management.
Commercial qualifications are less important than the person and their ability to do the job.
The directors of the business are looking to slowly take a step back over the next few years leaving excellent opportunity to grow into a Commercial Manager/ Contracts Manager or Commercial Director type role.
Excellent Salary, private healthcare, non contributory pension, 25 days holiday for the successful applicant.