Compliance Advisor - General Insurance
My client is a reputable financial services organisation and due to continued growth, they have an urgent requirement for an experienced compliance professional to join their Audit, Risk & Compliance team.
This is an exciting time to work for a prestigious organisation and playing a key role within their growing Risk & Compliance function, you will be tasked with the following:
- Engage with management across allocated business activities to ensure risk and compliance matters are identified and managed effectively.
- Support and perform Regulatory training and awareness activities across the business
- Manage the implementation of Risk & Compliance framework across operational and change activities, identifying opportunities for enhancement where appropriate. Maintain key policies and standards as required to support the framework.
- Support the analysis of the impact of regulatory change to the business and the effective implementation.
- Produce inputs for the relevant sections of regular Risk & Compliance reporting to Senior Management, Executive Management and Board (including Board sub-committees).
- Develop strong network of relationships across the group
- Provide high quality, timely and clear advice and support to allocated business activities on risk and compliance matters.
- Ensure that allocated business activities understand and fulfil responsibilities within Risk & Compliance framework.
- 2- 4 years Regulatory experience gained within a relevant FCA regulated environment.
- Strong ICOBs knowledge
- Good technical background of FCA regulatory requirements across either General Insurance, Consumer Credit or Mortgage products.
- Develop good knowledge of all applicable UK legislation, codes of practice, industry guidelines and best practice that have the potential to impact on the organisation
- Good understanding of risk management framework (including but not limited to operational, conduct, financial, data protection and information security), with deep area of specialism of a particular element of risk management or compliance requirements.
- Experience of online and digital operations (desirable)
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to operate effectively within a fast paced organisation.
- Ability to work independently and manage workload effectively
- A good team player