Operations Manager covering London & South East - managing a team of six PM's. Ideal candidate will be able to develop, manage and extend commercial relationships with new and existing clients. £60,000 - £65,000 + package.
I am working alongside a privately owned family company whose focus is centred around continued quality of service to customers, at a competitive price, whilst retaining its core values. They have two main business divisions, Maintenance and Projects.
They have a series of long term contracts in place with many of the main retailers, local authorities and Government agencies, delivering a 24/7 maintenance services. Further evidencing their ability to work diversely across sectors.
The projects team have several long standing and ongoing relationships with a several Tier 1 contractors and local authorities. My client have a team of directly employed Project Managers who each manage their own portfolio of clients. This structure ensures that each client has the right amount of resource allocated to them, with Project Managers owning each part of the process, from pricing the work, through to the safety management on the project.
As Operations Manager you will be tasked with managing each Project Manager and their portfolio.
Purpose of the role:
- To contribute to the effectiveness of the company in achieving its aims and objectives through clear operational management.
- To manage the delivery of several projects in a safe, profitable and planned manner whilst ensure a high level of quality and service to your customers/clients.
- To operate as an operational lead and act as close support and liaison with the Managing Director.
- To develop and manage your own and you're team's performance to maximise profitability.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Develop, manage and extend commercial relationships with new and existing clients
- Ensure that your staff are fully engaged and delivering the maximum performance
- Management of effective one to one's and PDP for all employees with regular training
- Be accountable for high profile works which need management control
Role: Operations Manager - covering London & South East
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 (review after 6 months probation)
Car/Allowance: Company car or car allowance, circa 10% of base salary + fuel card + 40p business mileage
Bonus: between 5%-10% paid annually