Now Careers are working with a leading business based near Newport that are seeking to recruit a dynamic and and technically assured Financial Accountant to join their growing team. The department manage the financial accounting for numerous business units across the UK and European operation.
This position will be responsible for implementing accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with local GAAP, US GAAP and company policies. This position will work closely with all levels at multiple EU locations to ensure accuracy of financial data.
- Managing the General Ledger
- Coordinate accurate and timely month-end activities
- Implement best practices - As part of a newly formed SSC you will need to approach policies and procedures with a critical, improvement focused mindset.
- Coordinate SOX, internal and external audit engagements
- Initiate, recommend or provide SOX/audit remediation solutions through designated channels
- Verify the implementation of SOX/remediation solutions
- Timely and accurate submission of annual corporate and tax reporting requirements.
- Reviews, monitors and controls monthly and quarterly Balance Sheet reviews.
- Coordinate balance sheet forecasting
- Support the Annual Operating Plan and forecast process
The successful candidate will either a qualifed or part qualified accountant and have excellent communication skills