Graduate Business Intelligence Developer
Brightside Insurance is a top 20 insurance broker and has an exciting opportunity for a talented Computer Science graduate to join as a Business Intelligence Analyst in an established and innovative MI team.
This position would be perfect for a recent Computer Science graduate, ideally with some commercial experience within SQL gained either during education or within a commercial environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a fast paced, entrepreneurial financial services environment.
- This person is a member of the MI development team and is responsible for converting the business requirements into fit for purpose and robust BI solution.
- To support existing ETL process and make sure data are loaded into ODS on agreed SLAs.
- To provide accurate and timely information to all business levels both internally and externally
- To provide an analytical approach to considering issues and opportunities within the business intelligence environment
- To manipulate and transform large data sets into meaningful information and provide means of discovering the intelligence within the data (trends/variations)
- Work with the business directly and through technical business analyst to define BI requirement.
- Develop robust and easy to maintain ETL to transform and load data into data warehouse.
- Develop standard look and feel for all reports through Reporting Services (SSRS) from a variety of data sources including Analysis Services Cubes and relational databases.
- Optimize TSQL and MDX query performance to meet agreed SLA
- Develop sophisticate, well performed reports, dashboards.
- Minimum 2:1 in Computer Science
- TSQL and SSIS skills.
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.