Contracting Manager (Sports/Travel Industry)
Contracting Manager, £30-40kpa DOE, Central London
We are looking for a Product/Contracting Manager to join us, managing new and existing key accounts with a net worth in excess of £10million. Your primary responsibility will be to negotiate rates, promotions, terms of business and allocations with new and existing Golf venues, Resorts & Hotels within your given European territory. Continuously working in line with the company strategy and liaising with various departments to secure delivery of high level product to our sales teams.
Part of the Palatinate Group of companies, Your Golf Travel is a multi-award winning, high growth company which employs 230 people at our Farringdon HQ. We now hold the title of being the World’s largest golf travel business in just 10 years of trading. Our portfolio boasts over 3000 Golf destinations in 22 countries, throughout the UK, Ireland, Europe and the Rest of the World, with more than 250,000 golfers travelling with us annually.
- Take full control of current portfolio of European based Product within your given territory, ensuring its continued successful delivery
- Actively seek and identify new Product to the Your Golf Travel portfolio, within your given territory and pass leads to other team members for other territories as applicable
- Ensure that all supply chains remain open to enable sustained growth of the destination/s; negotiate allocations and monitor availability, sourcing alternative options as appropriate
- Successfully negotiate the strongest commercial terms of business with suppliers on behalf of the company to ensure we remain industry market leaders
- Annual travel to new and existing venues, within your given territory in Europe to assist with any account management issues, re-negotiations of terms or to close new business etc.
- Working closely with other areas of the business; organise the planning and delivery of offers/rates for associated marketing campaigns
- Producing and delivering statistical and sales presentations to both internal and external stakeholders
- Continuously monitor and review account and product success, identifying trends, analysing competitor pricing strategies and reporting where appropriate
- Creating and monitoring budgets for areas of responsibility, adapting where necessary to respond to unforeseen circumstances
- Will ideally possess a minimum of 3 years’ product / contract negotiation experience.
- Must have a keen interst in Golf and potential have a basic knowledge of Golf Courses, Hotels & Resorts within European destinations.
- Highly experienced in account management and supplier relations
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft office and Google Docs
- Confident and professional presentation skills
- Numerically sound
- A strong work ethic, with willingness to learn and flexibility to adapt
- Flexible approach to travel where the business requires
What’s in it for you?
- £30-40,000pa basic salary, dependent on skills and previous experience
- 25 days’ holiday pa
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual Company Bonus scheme
- Staff discounts available on Golf days, Golf breaks, Flights, Accommodation, Airport Parking, Airport accommodation and Airport VIP Lounge’s.
- The opportunity to travel to attend familiarisation trips and play golf with your Client’s
- Subsidised Golf clothing for Employees
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Corporate gym discounts
- A vibrant and high energy working environment
- Free fruit, tea and coffee
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Summer and Christmas socials
- Extensive training and opportunities to develop in a fast-growing company!