Engineer - IT Operations Pillar
Our client has a unique opportunity available for an Engineer – IT Operations Pillar to join the team in Llanelli. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £31,579.79 - £34,140.32 per annum plus benefits.
They are a Global Automotive Company with a Network of 78 Bases in 16 Different Countries. Their Research and Development Technology Departments develop Innovative and cutting edge Products with focus on the themes of Safety, Environment, and Comfort with competitive Price, Quality and Performance.
An opportunity has now become available for an Engineer – IT Operations Pillar to join the team working on various projects within their IT Department based at Llanelli.
Under the supervision of the Section Leader IT Operations Pillar, your purpose will be the ongoing management of the existing data centre and operations infrastructure, and execution of projects relating to future enhancement. Your involvement in IT projects will consist of collaborating with a competent team to ensure the results achieved fit the vision of the company.
What are the responsibilities of the Engineer – IT Operations Pillar?
- Provision of proactive management for server farm (both physical and virtual environment) central data storage, and general server room / data centre, backup systems.
- Proactive health monitoring, capacity management, patch management for all in scope areas of facility.
- Execution of departmental continuous improvement projects within the Operations Pillar.
- Policy development and maintenance within the Operations Pillar.
- Implementation of root cause analysis and countermeasure development for concerns raised with the Operations Pillar systems and applications.
- Identification of Cost reductions and labour saving activities within the Pillar and overall IT and development of supporting plans.
What skills do I need to have to become an Engineer – IT Operations Pillar?
- Ideally educated to degree level in an IT subject or equivalent.
- Ability to analyse & solve problems using tools and techniques to define root cause and countermeasure for aiding continues improvements is desired.
- Ability to lead reviews and meetings explaining IT changes.
- Experience and the ability to administer and manage Windows Sever 2008R2 and 2012 Operating system
- Experience in managing server room infrastructures and data centre facilities management
- The ability to manage data storage solutions are essential.
- A charismatic person, you are able to motivate and mobilise your collaborators and partners with a good sense of organisation
This is a unique opportunity to work for a large and diversified global manufacturing organisation operating within the automobile industry.
So what Rewards and benefits are on offer if you work for them:
- Up to 7% employer pension contribution
- 25 days annual holiday (plus statutory holidays)
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Discount codes with Nissan and Vauxhall cars
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join develop your career as their Engineer – IT Operations Pillar.