We are currently working on an HSE Manager position with a highly reputable business at their manufacturing and production facility based in Birmingham. The successful HSE Manager will have a background in HSE within an industrial manufacturing background with a specific focus on systems across ISO 14001 and 18001.
The business has an incredible heritage, having been manufacturing from this site since the 19th century and their business has successfully undergone significant transitions to modernise and cement themselves a 21st century manufacturer. With a brand reputation cemented in high-quality, high-volume products, the business needs an HSE Manager who will guide them through their re-accreditation to 14001 and 18001 whilst instilling a proactive HSE culture on site.
- Ensure that site Health and Safety systems, regulations and codes are adhered to by all on site.
- Responsible for the co-coordination of risk assessment activities including record keeping.
- Responsible for co-ordinating HSE activities on shop floor and taking an active responsibility in training, educating and developing staff and their understanding of HSE's significance on a site that has a high output-focus
- Identification and evaluation of hazardous conditions and practices in work place
- Conduction of HSE audits on site across ISO 18001 and 14001
- Work with internal and external customers across HSE improvement activity
- Analysis of risk assessment, near miss and accident data
- Work in conjunction with Quality team in adherence to TS16949
- NEBOSH Certificate essential
- Requires automotive background
- Excellent communication skills and engaging manner
- Keen commitment to the development of HSE behaviours
- Collaborative approach with key skills in coaching and training
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment with demanding customers
Salary from £35,000 - £40,000 DOE + benefits