Part Time Finance Administrator/Bookkeeper (10 hours per week)
The Trustees of Northumberland Scouts are looking to appoint a Finance Administrator/Bookkeeper to join our small office team based at Shiremoor, Newcastle upon Tyne. As a valued member of the office team you will be working closely with the Treasurer to manage the charity’s finances, keeping our accounting system updated and providing reports as necessary.
Northumberland Scouts is one of the largest youth charities in the North East of England, supporting the delivery of Scouting across Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland with 5,500 young people and 1,000 volunteer members.
- Recording of all accounting transactions on our Sage 50 Accounts.
- Preparation of management accounts and department and fund reporting.
- Bank and ledger reconciliation.
- Processing creditor payments, expenses and petty cash.
- Liaising with volunteers as necessary.
- Five plus years of working in a book keeping position.
- Competent with use of Sage 50 Accounts System
- Previous responsibility for preparation of management accounts.
- Experience of departmental accounting.
- Experience of charity accounting (desirable).
- Pleasant outgoing personality, not shy to engage with volunteers.
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage workload with a can do attitude.
This role requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.