Library Service - Systems Support Officer 36 hours - Chertsey Library
Surrey County Council is committed to the development of its workforce and as such this role is only available to applicants who already work for Surrey County Council. We thank you for your interest in Surrey County Council and would encourage you to review our current vacancies which are available to all.
£21,475 per annum for 36 hours per week
Hours are worked flexibly Monday to Friday, with occasional evening and weekend working. Although based at Chertsey Library, Guildford Street, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 9BE, the post holder will also be required to work at least once a week at County Hall in Kingston Upon Thames. They will also be required to attend meetings and deliver training at any of the 52 library service points in Surrey.
24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme. For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
About the Role
The System Support Team is part of Surrey’s library service. The current team of three are responsible for the day to day running of the Library Management System (LMS), the people counter contract, and any information technology, hardware or software issues and requirements. They work closely with both the Library Service and the LMS suppliers to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the systems which support the work of the Library Service.
The team is being expanded to meet an increased workload. This includes statistical and data analysis to support library service performance management, and the need to prepare for and implement a new LMS in October 2018.
As a Systems Support Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Answering enquiries from internal colleagues in both the Library Service and other departments including Information Management and Technology, Business Support, Policy and Performance, as well as external LMS suppliers.
- Extracting data from large databases, and preparing it to interface with related systems.
- Also using data to create dashboards and reports, and analysing the information to assist in problem solving.
- Creating and delivering training for library colleagues.
- Managing small projects.
- Supporting all aspects of the work of the System Support Team, and deputising for the Senior Team Officer, and occasionally the Senior Manager, as required.
- Front line work in a library environment to keep skill sets up to date.
This will be a challenging and rewarding role, frequently working to very tight deadlines. To be shortlisted for interview your CV and personal statement will clearly demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a library environment and using Library Management Systems.
- Understanding and use of statistics in performance management and creative problem solving.
- Ability to learn skills quickly and accurately, particularly related to data analysis
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and present information across a variety of formats, to a range of audiences.
- Experience of developing business cases and managing small projects.
- Flexibility to meet tight deadlines and willingness to travel.
Previous experience in statistics, particularly with analytic and interpretive skills, knowledge of object-oriented programming, statistical modelling and a willingness to unpick raw code would all be a further advantage in this role.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on Wednesday 21 June 2017.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 29 June 2017.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.