Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Your salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Job type: Permanent
How you apply: Online or by phone (Michael Stevens)
Who you'll be working for:
Our Client has been established for more than 30 years and is widely recognized as the UK's leading Specialist Contractor within the District Heating and Cooling Industry.
Providing complete in-house Design, Build and aftercare services to the Construction industry our client has already won multiple awards for their District Energy Projects.
This particular opportunity is for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the existing team of 8 with a focus on the clients Central London High Rise Residential Portfolio.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Manage project submissions, projects in contract, and business development work designated to your team.
- Compile design specifications and drawings, inputting technical detail to the Company's quality design process
- Lead in developing efficient and profitable designs; from concept to fully detailed installation drawings and information for the projects teams to install.
- Appraise and interpret client requirements, ensuring the designs meets time, budget, quality, legal, and health safety & environmental requirements
- Input into scheme costing and minimise the impact of design issues
- Select and design plant and equipment
- Comply with CDM requirements of the company's design process, company procedures, company quality documentation standards, legislation and best practice
You must have:
- Technically adept, and able to design systems in the form of calculations, equipment selection and process operation
- Good man-management, communication skills coupled with commercial acumen
- Competence in AutoCAD
- Fully conversant with RIBA Plan of Work and relevant design stages
- Thorough understanding of relevant British and European standards and current Building regulations (particularly Approved Documents G, L & J with an understanding of Approved documents B, E, F, H, M & P advantageous).
- Excellent understanding of Boiler/CHP systems design principles, and heating/cooling distribution design principles essential
Do you want to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail?
Please call Michael Stevens on