Financial Controller (Qualified)
Financial Controller (Qualified)
Salary: Up to £65k p.a.
Dearman is a global technology company delivering clean 'cold and power’.
Dearman’s cutting-edge technology uniquely harnesses liquid air or nitrogen to deliver zero emissions power and cooling. The company is developing a portfolio of proprietary technologies, products and services, which deliver significant reductions in operating cost, fuel usage and emissions, at low capital cost. The first application of Dearman technology, to provide sustainable and efficient transport refrigeration, is currently undergoing trials.
The company is building an international reputation for innovation, rigour, commercial acumen and engineering excellence, all to fulfil its primary objective - to make the world a cleaner, cooler place.
The ideal candidate shall have qualified finance professional experience in an industrial environment, with a view to progress their career within a growing organisation.
The post holder will report to the CFCO, and will be responsible for managing a small team.
Objectives of role:
- Together with the finance team, timely upkeep of the accounting records on Sage 200.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts and supporting reconciliations and schedules, to meet company deadlines and transparency requirements.
- Ownership of the ERP systems that track stock, purchase orders, timesheets and staff expenses, ensuring all the information remains current, consistent and accurate.
- Further leadership and development of the systems and controls as the business grows.
- Management of the year end statutory audit process, tax compliance work, including R&D claim preparation, whilst managing the external relationships of our auditors and tax advisors.
- Cash flow preparation and cash management, including review and approval of cash payments in accordance with Company policy.
- Involvement in preparation of budgets and forecasts, including retrospective variance analysis, including project specific assignments within the company.
- Ensuring appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and rigorously maintained throughout the business, including assistance with educating the various department heads and colleagues in methods of best practice.
- Overseeing payroll and pensions to ensure complete, correct and on time submissions/payments.
- VAT and other HMCE preparation on a timely basis.
- Assistance in designing and developing the sales realisation function, including cut-off and recognition procedures.
- Qualified accountant preferably with practice background seeking second role in industry and having supervision of a small, but growing team.
- Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to work across the departments of the business, with the complexities which come from industrial and commercial sectors.
- Comfortable working in a company experiencing rapid growth and change, and able to help deliver change effectively.
- Good communication skills, able to get across complex ideas to non-financial people.
- Able and willing to become fully immersed in the engineering business, in order to maximise effectiveness within the finance team and the broader business.
- Can confidently assert themselves to maintain integrity of company procedures.
- Advanced level in Excel. Experience of Sage 200 would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience of dealing with both internal and external customers/suppliers at all levels.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Strong planning, organisation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work and complete tasks effectively under tight time constraints and periodic high volume circumstances.
- Fluent/business proficient in English, with additional languages being beneficial.
The job will be located primarily in Croydon, with some travel to meetings with partners, customers and suppliers in the UK and overseas.
Application deadline: 30th June 2017
Please note, we will take all relevant experience into account when considering your application. To apply for this position, please submit a CV and cover letter addressing how you meet the criteria set out in the person specification to careers at dearman co uk. We may appoint before the deadline.