Senior Technical Infrastructure Architect
Senior Technical Infrastructure Architect.
An exciting opening has arisen for a Senior Technical Infrastructure Architect within the IT Department of a large-scale company based in Birmingham. As the Senior Technical Infrastructure Architect you will take responsibility for the technical design of key infrastructure Solutions and Applications spanning all areas of the business and sites UK wide.
This is a fast-paced, enterprise scale business with a constant stream of major, often innovative projects. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in the growth and success of the business, supporting and enabling business objectives/operations through technical solutions.
- Take responsibility for full start-to-finish integrity of solutions in support of business objectives and challenges.
- Act as the Technical Authority, designing technical solutions across all divisions of the company UK wide
- Perform in-depth analysis of requirements, potential products/solutions, Service Models etc, providing sound Proof of Concepts
- Produce high quality design and operational documentation
- Develop and agree plans with project managers, stakeholders and leadership
- Lead internal resources and 3rd parties to develop, test and deploy solutions
- Identifying opportunities and makes recommendations to continually improve systems and availability
- The ability to deliver technical solutions that support the IT strategic direction and needs of the business.
- Experience in creating and managing complex, well-engineered documentation materials appropriate to the audience and situation that enable timely and informed decision making
- Comprehensive understanding of existing and emerging technologies and related practices
- Extensive Network Design experience including VLAN, routing, IPSec/SSL VPN and Security principles
- Strong background in Microsoft Server Technologies including Windows Server, MS Exchange, Active Directory Services along with other core Microsoft Technologies.
- Experience of designing and supporting Virtualised environments ( VMware ESX Server or MS Hyper-V)
- Strong ability to Design and Support Disaster Recovery Environments
- An understanding of developments in mobile technology would be advantageous but non-essential - operating system/application ecosystems, MDM/EMM Platforms, Mobile Development, etc…
- ITIL certification and have an awareness of architecture frameworks such as Zachman and TOGAF 9.1 and how these can be pragmatically applied is desirable although not a requirement for this role.
This position is based in Birmingham with occasional travel across the UK (paid). The position will pay up to £55k + excellent benefits.