A growing business in Colchester is looking to hire a newly qualified accountant ( ACA/ACCA/CIMA) to work alongside the Finance Director. You will play a leading role, managing the day to day running of a busy finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Director, key responsibilities will include:
- Running the daily accounting processes, delivering monthly financial reporting according to applicable accounting standards.
- Oversee accurate, efficient and timely transactional processes - payroll, purchase and sales ledgers and cash book with managerial responsibility for two Accounts Assistants.
- Preparing and reviewing bank reconciliations, loan schedules, management fees
- Monitoring and forecasting company cash flows
- Debtor and creditor reporting and management
- Assist the Finance Director in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, including the tracking of business performance versus budget and revenue targets
- Interfacing with operational and commercial management to ensure integrity and effective financial control throughout the business
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or overseas equivalent
- Commercial finance experience
- experience in forecasting & budgeting
- Staff management or supervisory experience
- Effective communicator both with finance and non-finance professionals
- Intermediate to Advanced excel skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast paced and competitive culture with unrivalled succession planning opportunities, and this role is a newly created position facilitated by strong growth.
If you feel your experience closely matches the above criteria then please send your CV to