Land Manager/Senior Land Manager
To report into offices in Teesside but covering large patch and working from home
Competitive Salary + company car or car allowance + commission on land acquired + package
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Land Manager to join a regional house builder who is looking to invest in their land team due to sustained and forecasted growth.
The company are a medium sized developer who are expanding their business. They are passionate about building quality homes in desired locations ranging from homes for first time buyers through to detached family homes.
Due to planned growth they now have an opportunity for a Land Manager to source land opportunities in the North East, Yorkshire, North West and Cumbria regions. Some of the areas you will target include North East, Yorkshire, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, Manchester, Huddersfield and Cumbria. You will be responsible for the acquisition of land and to secure new sites for development to a meet or exceed company regional forecast performance. You will also see acquisitions through the legal process and attain satisfactory planning approvals on acquired sites. My client seeks a Land Manager who can manged the whole process from sourcing a land opportunity to doing full land appraisal, securing planning permission, closing the deal and then presenting to the board for approval. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a stand alone role. As the company covers a large geographical area you have the opportunity for look for land in multiple locations and to also source a mixture of strategic/immediate sites. This provides you with great opportunity to surpass your targets in line with company expectations.
Duties to include
- To be actively looking for new opportunities to buy land across the operating area for the business.
- To look for strategic long term developments along with developments for an immediate start.
- Agree HOTs and purchase land to ensure continuity of land supply to at least meet future forecasts
- Provide detailed land bids, that demonstrate the company's requirement in respect of profitability that is met
- Demonstrate that site acquisition terms concur with agreed and authorised land bids
- Negotiate and prepare the legal documentation associated with land acquisitions
- Liaise with legal representatives and advise on the legal status of developments
- Brief design teams, external consultants and internal departments to ensure the successful delivery of planning on sites
- Ensuring planning is delivered within time, budget and within any other obligations, if applicable
- Negotiate on behalf of the company planning agreements that meet the company's requirements in respect of forecast profit
Skills & Experience Required
- Educated to degree level in a related discipline.
- Land buying experience - land for private residential build. You must be able to demonstrate you can mange the full process.
- Evidence of creating and maintaining relationships with land owners/agents.
- Commercially astute.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and under own steam.
- Up to date knowledge of land acquisition legislation and comprehensive knowledge of the planning process.
- IT Literate (Microsoft Office).
What's on offer?
My client offers an excellent package consisting of a generous salary, company car or car allowance, commission on land acquired and other additional benefits including pension, healthcare, death in service payment, etc. This is a rare opportunity to be permanently employed and working from home. A superb opportunity for the right candidate to join a growing housebuilder who build a bespoke product and pride themselves on high quality.
How to apply?
If you have are interested in this role and would like to have a confidential chat, please contact Rachel Shutt at Bromak or apply via the link below.
All applications are treated in strict confidence.