How would you like the opportunity to join our rapidly expanding company here at Wasabi?
Wasabi are an ever developing company with a current portfolio of 50 Branches in the UK and New York. We care about our food, customers and our team by ensuring we provide high quality items at affordable prices with exceptional customer service and the opportunity for our team to develop.
We're looking for to join our team at our Central Production Unit in Park Royal. This is the chance to be a part of something innovative, inspirational and exciting brand.
Essential role related knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience at selection
- Fault diagnosis and breakdown repairs of plant, wrapping machines and site services
- Planned maintenance (PM),modifications, installations and upgrades to plant machinery and site services.
- Application and adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Involvement in Projects work as and when required.
- Upkeep and alteration of electrical and mechanical drawings as needed.
- To undertake other duties as requested with due regard to relevant engineering, operational quality, safety and hygiene standards.
- To undertake statutory checks as directed by the management team.
- Gas system maintenance including oven burner repair and set up.
- Support and coach relevant employees in all aspects of shared maintenance.
- To work across mechanical and electrical trades as qualified.
- Time served accredited apprentice or equivalent experience with appropriate certification
- To work as part of a team with operations to improve line performance, efficiency, quality and safety.
- To deal directly with suppliers on machine or plant issues.
- To improve site production processes and plant design to minimize downtime and improve safety and quality.
- Repair, refurbishment and modification to all pipework and valves including gas, ingredients, pneumatic,
- Maintenance of Engineering Systems within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of a multi-skilled engineering environment
- Complete fault finding, planned and preventative maintenance on plant and equipment to maximise equipment reliability and performance
- Carry out fault finding, problem solving and establish route cause fixes to address equipment issues
- Comply with food safety standards and controls to ensure all work is carried out correctly and safely
- Record any stock removed from the Engineering stores to ensure accurate stock control
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and is audit ready
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvements to promote Health & Safety and/or operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure all plant and equipment adhere to all relevant legislation and so that a safe working environment is maintained all times