Head of Financial Accounting
My client is a registered charity and housing association located in Bristol who are recruiting a Head of Financial Reporting on a permanent basis
Key accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring that all Balance Sheet reconciliations are complete and up-to-date on a monthly basis.
- Leading the production of the annual statutory accounts.
- Acting as the main contact point for the organisation’s external auditors.
- Ensuring that Brunelcare correctly accounts for all business transactions.
- To oversee a Sales Ledger team of three employees, managing our working capital through efficient credit control processes.
- To oversee a Purchase Ledger team of three employees, managing expectations of creditors and improving existing payment processes.
- Maintenance of the organisation’s fixed assets register.
- Meeting external reporting requirements of HMRC, the Office for National Statistics, Companies House, the Charities Commission, etc.
- To be aware of any changes in accounting policies that may require the organisation to change its current practices.
- Working with the internal auditors on control issues that affect the Finance department.
Providing financial accounting advice and guidance to the operational teams at Brunelcare
It is also essential that you are a qualified accountant and have excellent leadership and people skills