We currently have a vacancy for a Design Engineer. Our client specializes in providing high performance engineered metal hoses. Its highly trained and committed workforce is paramount to the continued success of the business.
Overview of the role:
Reporting directly to the Quality Manager, the Design Engineer’s role will include the initiation and development of feasible, cost-effective and reliable mechanical designs from concept through to production.
The successful candidate will participate in and contribute to design and feasibility reviews with customers, suppliers and the internal team, producing 3D CAD models, schemes, drawings and documentations, with responsibility for all documentation including drawings, BOMs, Part Numbers, Change Notes, and FMEA.
Required (minimum) qualifications:
- HNC Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Experience of working in a progressive manufacturing/engineering environment.
- 5 years’ product design experience, with at least 3 years gained in the manufacturing/engineering industry.
- 2 years’ 3D CAD experience (specify software).
The ideal candidate will also:
- View customer satisfaction as a top priority.
- Take an open-minded and proactive approach to design and dealing with others.
- Turn past experience (and mistakes) into positive opportunities for developing better ways of working.
- Show sound business acumen.
- Calculation \ FEA experience and knowledge of Solidworks would be an advantage.
- Take effective decisions and work within tight deadlines.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups.
- Fully participate in cross-functional project teams.
- Develop project plans with 'phase gates’ which satisfy customer lead-times.
- Ensure that all stipulated timings are achieved on or before target.
To apply for this exciting new role please send your CV to the email address below along with a covering letter and details of your remuneration package.