Head of Financial Reporting
Churchill Howard have been instructed to recruit a Head of Financial Reporting for a listed business in the Midlands. The role will be responsible for internal and external reporting and will have a high profile amongst the senior leadership team.
Detailed responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing a team in the preparation of external financial reporting.
- Own the monthly financial close and consolidation process
- Ensure that appropriate financial controls are in place
- Manage the team to ensure the business remains compliant with all accounting standards and ensure technical reviews of accounting standards are completed
- Review and challenge financial submissions from business units
- Proactively influence and inform business decisions where there is an accounting and/or financial reporting implication
The successful individual will be a Qualified Accountant with strong experience in financial reporting, both external and internal. You will also need to be a strong relationship builder, able to articulate and communicate complicated finance information in a clear and concise way. You will possess the leadership skills to lead, motivate and develop a team of qualified professionals.
You will have a proven track record of high performance and be able to draw on best practice and adapt this to the needs of the business.
The package reflects the desire to attract the highest calibre individuals for the role.
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.