Job Title: Facilities Coordinator
Reporting to: Procurement Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week
Job type: Permanent
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 per annum
Location: Across all Campuses
UK College of Business and Computing is one of the leading private college in the UK. Comprising of 6 campuses across London, its estate is spread across Holborn, Oxford Street, Gants Hill, Park Royal and Cricklewood with over 2000 students and 100 staff, across a range of undergraduate, diploma and professional courses.
Due to our continued growth and campus expansions, we are currently looking for an experienced facilities coordinator to join our team.
The facilities coordinator will be based across our college campuses. You will be responsible for managing all the facilities across different college campuses by coordinating a range of processes and activities to manage the Health & Safety within the college. You will be the primary point of contact for engineers, contractors, and other service providers, attending and enabling their functions with the facility. You will be required to communicate with internal and external staff at all levels both verbally and in writing, ensuring that critical information is effectively conveyed to key personnel. You will also be responsible for managing minor or major refurbishment works across campuses.
- Arranging day to day maintenance activity to be carried out in liaison with the Maintenance Operative for the college.
- Responsible for managing desks/office moves across different college campuses.
- Managing and maintaining the facilities management ticketing system. Ensure all tickets raised are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- To lead the facilities team and support the operational staff across campuses.
- To ensure a continuous supply for all hygiene and facilities is available at all times.
- Take primary responsibility for routine inspection and checklist including the testing of essential building systems and equipment, e.g. water dispensers, heating/cooling systems, fire alarms, emergency lighting and all portable appliances.
- Must be able to move furniture and delivery boxes with due regard to current health & safety and lifting & handling regulations. (This job role involves manual handling).
- Create and develop the specification of works for all minor refurbishment works.
- Liaising and overseeing the works of external cleaners and security.
- Responsible for managing the processes for organising maintenance and shutdowns, ensuring the impact on college activities is minimized.
- Managing colleges facility storage, maintaining an inventory of furniture, IT resources and other equipment’s and restocking as necessary.
- Provide essential support to the Procurement Department to order required products and services to carry out maintenance tasks.
- The post holder will be responsible for maintaining and managing Health & Safety records and work closely with the campus managers to follow up with any issues identified.
- You will be required to carry out various Health & safety tasks such as - Manage college fire wardens and first aiders, inspect building facilities on a weekly basis, carry out DSE assessments and following up on any actions or purchases arising.
- You will coordinate with respective landlords/property managing agents of the college buildings to ensure any maintenance required by the landlord is carried out in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all electrical equipment’s testing and building and plant maintenance is carried out at a required frequency set by the Health & Safety law (HSE Standards)
- Any other duties/responsibilities that may be reasonably expected by the College Management.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of A-levels or equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- Health & safety or facilities qualifications would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of managing maintenance team and contractors.
- A thorough understanding of Health & safety policies and procedures.
- General maintenance skills and hands-on approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with stakeholder to provide accurate, reliable and timely information.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Proven computer skills in Microsoft Office suite. With a willingness to use/learn new technologies and develop own skills.
- Physically capable of working around a large building, moving furniture, equipment, accepting and distributing deliveries, parcels and mailing posts.