We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer on a full time, permanent basis for our manufacturing client based on the South East outskirts of Colchester.
- Carry out repairs and refurbishment of existing machines for re-sale
- Manufacturing new machines
- Design of future machines using SolidWorks software
- Quality Inspection
- Assembly of machinery
- Negotiating with suppliers for the purchasing of parts
- Pneumatics or hydraulics experience
- PLC programming
- Mechanical Engineering bias, ideally educated to at least HND level
- Basic engineering machine shop skills with previous experience using lathes, vertical mills and surface grinders
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Fitting and mechanical skills
- Previous experience in the use of benders, guillotines, bandsaws and offhand grinders
- A can do, positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and other members of staff
- Able to work on your own or as part of a team
- Use of SolidWorks software package
- Fault finding and diagnostics
- Previous assembly experience
- Working from engineering drawings
- Computer literate
- Working hours of 9 am until 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday
- Annual salary of approximately £30,000 to £35,000 DOE
- Statutory annual leave of 20 days + 8 Bank Holidays
- Government workplace pension
- Life Assurance
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a small but growing company offering a very unique service. They are keen to expand the team to continue to build on their excellent reputation and customer base.
Our client is located in a rural location so own transport is essential.
Due to their requirements, we can only accept applications from UK based candidates. Please apply now to avoid missing out.