Junior Business Analyst
Junior Business Analyst - Permanent position - to be based in London
- Proven experience of business analysis and business process re-engineering within a Media or equivalent Big Data environment.
- Experience of working within an 'Agile' development environment - comfortable with use cases, epics, user stories etc.
- Excellent, client-facing communication skills
- Very data-savvy, with experience in exploring data via SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Experience of or exposure to big data, visualisation and media platforms and technologies such as Hadoop, Tableau, IaaS/SaaS models.
- Familiarity with media data sets available e.g. Ad Servers, DSPs, social media networks
- Ability to understand data and technical documentation e.g. API's
- Skilled at working cross-functionally across complex, matrix organisations to deliver multiple initiatives including working with development teams.
- Commercially aware - understand the revenue opportunity and cost implications.
- Media industry experience including programmatic, data management platforms (DMPs) and 1 st /2 nd /3 rd party media performance and consumer behaviour data feeds.
- Understanding of big data and analytics systems, tools and techniques, and ability to communicate clearly to non-experts what these capabilities can offer clients.
- An appreciation of the cultural challenges in managing a large change programmes.
- An understanding of issues relating to data governance, security and the legal and regulatory environment surrounding privacy, personal data and its use across marketing functions.
- Experience in using JIRA agile software.
- Experience of Project management in an enterprise setting would be an advantage.
- Understanding the business and documenting problem statements and user stories.
- Analysing complex information and produce clear data requirements.
- Articulating the reporting and data requirements to the technology team to enable them to build the technical solution.
- Assist with the User Acceptance Testing and the delivery of features into production.
- Facilitate adoption by writing user manuals and documentation and participating in developing and delivering training.
- Ensuring delivery is in line with prioritisation and Data Platforms Product Roadmap.
- Identification of common requirements across clients and markets to define data product features.
- Enforcing common standards for regions and markets as they gather client requirements
- Actively engage client teams to on-board clients onto the global data platform
- Supporting the client development lifecycle:
- Pitch support and prototyping -> requirements gathering -> creating reporting and data specifications -> working with visualisation team -> in-life management
- Championing the benefits of data platforms, products and services across the organisation, to increase the organisation's data-savviness and build a data-driven culture.
- Contributing to competitive positioning and competitor analysis.
The role will report to a Senior Business Analyst
Excellent Client and Opportunity, please email me your CV, thanks,