Maintenance Engineer ex Navy
We are hiring Royal Navy mechanical or electrical technicians / engineers to join a leading manufacturing company who has invested over £100 million pounds in their Cardiff plant over the last 12 years. The company directly employ over 600 staff and several hundred sub-contractors in South Wales.
They offer excellent benefits such as a healthcare plan, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme vouchers, life cover, pension contribution (5%) and 25-days holiday + 8 bank holidays. You will also benefit from a competency based pay structure which will give you the opportunity to increase your salary as your skills develop.
As the maintenance technician, you will work within a large maintenance engineering team playing a key role in keeping advanced production equipment running efficiently. You will have a voice in the maintenance team and your opinions and ideas will be valued. Responsibilities will include: -
- Repairing and maintaining production equipment.
- Responding to break-downs to minimise disruptions to manufacturing.
- Implementing the plants proactive maintenance programme.
- Maintaining detailed maintenance records using a maintenance management system.
- Supporting continuous improvement activities.
- Working in a safe manner, taking a proactive approach to health & safety.
To be a successful maintenance technician you will have the following skills and experience:
- Electrical of mechanical engineering qualifications
- A background in mechanical or electrical maintenance with "on ship" experience.
- Positive attitude with the desire to learn new engineering skills.
In return, the maintenance technician will receive a salary of £27,000 - £34,000 per annum, plus the benefits mentioned above. You will typically work a 4 on 4 off continental shift pattern.
INTERESTED? Please click the apply button to submit your application.
By applying for this position, you consent to Sigma Recruitment Ltd contacting you regarding job opportunities and storing a copy of your CV on our database. NOTE we will NOT present your details to any client without speaking to you and seeking verbal consent first.