eFX Senior Java Developer
You’ll be working in the FX Derivatives IT team in London. The eFX team provides technical solutions in Java and other technologies for the next generation of low latency algorithmic market making (exchange and OTC), volatility surface making and risk management of options positions. The programme of work has a very high profile and is recognised to be a key part of the business strategy over the next couple of years. There is a strong interaction with the business (traders and quants) based in London as well as with IT teams distributed globally.
You will ideally have
- strong server-side Java development skills (currently on Java 8), including expertise in multi-threaded performance critical programming with excellent design and problem solving skills.
- hands-on experience in building distributed systems
- applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, manageability, scalability, capacity and performance
- experience working closely with your business partners to elicit initial requirements and then iteratively refined these to remove any ambiguity - No BA's in this team.
- strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and ability to work as part of a global team
- FX derivatives business knowledge is ideal, but any front office Fixed Income / FICC business knowledge is welcome, as is eTrading expertise.
You are the kind of person who is:
- passionate about what you do, valuing excellence, learning and integrity, you like a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace
- Most importantly you are someone who is technically excellent and curious to learn more about emerging technologies and how to optimise what you do.
- proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements