Finance Business Partner - Queen Mary's University
Finance Business Partner
Queen Mary’s University London
Salary - £44,815 - £50,030 + up to 42 days annual leave + USS pension scheme
Queen Mary’s, a top 40 University, are looking for a finance business partner for their professional services; estates & facilities departments. Estates & Facilities has annual income exceeding £20million and the finance partner will be responsible for ensuring the budget holders have a clear understanding of their financial performance. The information you provide will be key in enabling them to make strategic, tactical and operating decisions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Building good relationships with heads of school administration / PS directors and acting as their main point of contact.
- Providing financial leadership and advice across the faculty and wider school.
- Ensure trust is built and maintained in the estates and facilities department.
- Producing and presenting monthly financial results and discuss with budget holders the review of these monthly results.
- Developing financial business cases for new initiatives and financial models and ensure that they contribute to the overall strategy of the estates & facilities department and school. Whilst also ensuring that financial and non-financial factors are given appropriate consideration.
- Helping the team reach their finance objectives whilst also adding value to working relationships with non-finance colleagues.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A fully qualified accountant with 1+ years post-qual experience
- Experienced in management accounting, financial management, business partnering and financial analysis in large or complex organisations including reporting, budgeting/planning financial analysis and commercial business case support.
- A self-starter but also able to work well alongside a small team comprised of finance & non finance professionals
- A strong communicator; the ability to present a finance message to non-finance colleagues.
- Eager to make a positive impact on the team and wider finance department
- Ideally you will have experience in the higher education sector but this is not essential.