Accounts Payable Manager
Seeking an Accounts Payable Manager. Through the application of your experience and expertise, the focus will be to ensure that the duties associated with processing high volume and high value payments across jurisdictions, and managing bank account balances and banking relationships, are met with the utmost accuracy, integrity and efficiency. The position will report into the Group Finance and Treasury Director as well as the Director of Finance.
About The Role
- Accountable for ensuring all payments are processed accurately and in accordance with time critical deadlines, Group policies, supplier terms and regulations.
- Liaise with suppliers as necessary to ensure timely payments are made.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure their priorities regarding payments are being met.
- Act as a payments expert to business units.
- Partner with various business units to identify, validate and improve cash forecasting.
- Oversee daily bank balances and calculate amounts to be transferred to / from deposits.
- Oversee the monitoring of all bank account movements throughout the day.
- Report material transactions to management and investigate differences against expectations.
- Liaise with various banks to fix deposits, arrange foreign exchange deals and track payments.
Bank Account Management
- Efficient management and monitoring of all banking activities.
- Setting cash limits, executing wire transfers, meeting compliance requirements, opening and closing bank accounts, and processing required bank documentation.
- Effective and timely communication to relevant business units of any changes in bank services, cut-off times, operating hours, contact etc.
- Oversee the London-based online bank system administration including establishing user access, resolving system related issues, and approving new users.
- Optimise bank account structures to ensure operational efficiency.
- Constructively facilitate some of the Group’s relationships with payment service providers.
Systems and Processes
- Successful implementation of new technologies, processes and systems so as to improve daily monitoring of worldwide cash position and processing of payments.
- Develop and test appropriate business continuity procedures for UK payment operations.
About Our Client
A privately owned Global Shipping firm
A degree in finance or accounting or equivalent would be an advantage. A clear business track record and extensive practical experience in managing a high volume and high value payments function within a fast paced, analytical and entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of cash forecasting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of payment systems and their value adding impact on the business.
- Solid understanding and application of finance, economics and accounting principles.
- Proficient in problem solving through root cause analysis and using project management concepts and best practices.
- Experience of managing and developing strong teams with a continuous service improvement culture.
- Experience of working with a senior management team to develop business focussed payment strategies that will effectively support their business needs.
Things You Should Know
25 days holiday, performance related bonus, career progression
Commutable from: Ascot, Bagshot, Basingstoke, Bordon, Bracknell, Bromley, Burgess Hill, Camberley, Caterham, Chertsey, Cobham, Cranleigh, Crawley, Croydon, Dorking, East Grinstead, Egham, Epsom, Esher, Farnborough, Farnham, Feltham, Fleet, Frimley, Gatwick, Godalming, Guildford, Haywards Heath, Hook, Horley, Horsham, Kingston, Leatherhead, Lightwater, London, Maidenhead, Petersfield, , Purley, Reading, Redhill, Reigate, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks, Slough, , Staines, Sunbury, Sutton, Tonbridge, Walton, West Byfleet, Weybridge, Windlesham, Windsor, Woking, Wokingham and Yateley.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)