Operations Manager - Training
Flex Education has the pleasure of working with a fantastic National Warehouse and Logistics Training Provider, whom have instructed us to support with the recruitment of an Operations Manager based in the North West - but there will be National travel.
- Support the drive of delivery with your line manager to ensure volume and quality performance meets the requirements of the funding contracts and agreed SLA’s
- Through remote, direct and indirect management, ensure adequate work flow issues are addressed and necessary milestones implemented so that the learners’ journey is achieved accordingly.
- Working closely with key Levy/national employers to ensure delivery is tailored to meet their needs and learner and employer satisfaction is met or exceeded.
- Responsible for the performance monitoring of staff and delivery within their responsibility.
- Responsible for progression and achievement of learners within your delivery area.
- Ensure compliance for funding bodies, Ofsted and awarding organisations is met.
- Investigate customer complaints, take appropriate action and maintain records of complaints / compliments in line with the KPI dashboard.
- Manage effectively the staff and resources within your provision area
- Monitor and review absence and report as required to HR
- Plan and implement staff 1-1’s, reviews and annual appraisals including staff development maximising on opportunities to further grow the expertise and quality of our delivery staff
- Review training programmes with appropriate colleagues to ensure that all programme materials and training aids are appropriate for what is being delivered and the different abilities and levels of the learners.
- Liaise with funding bodies, awarding / regulatory bodies and external stakeholders as and when required
- Work closely with colleagues to deliver National contractual requirements
- Work closely with the quality department to investigate customer complaints and compliments, take appropriate action and maintain accurate records for continuous improvement and implementation of best practice
- Ensure learners receive a high quality of delivery, that is timely and within company / regional success rate criteria and awarding / regulatory body governanc
- Submit management information to Head Office within prescribed time-scales
- Degree in an area of Management
- Proven experience of a same level post within a Training / Education establishment
- Continuous Improvement qualification minimum level 2
- Knowledge of the logistics sector
- Experience of using and managing e-portfolio system and experience of using e-learning.
- Knowledge and understanding of UK Legislation and its application in a work environment
- Knowledge and understanding of funding regulations and awarding / regulatory bodies related to the provision area
- Numerical and budgeting skills
- IT skills
- Intellectually agile with experience in balancing tasks and priorities to meet goals/KPIs
- Experience of delegating tasks and carrying out project work
- Skill of working within structure and processes yet able to deal with fluid, changing situations
- Leading others and being able to inspire, motivate and support a talented team
- Experience in managing people remotely
- Experience in negotiations and diplomatic communications
- Full UK Driving license
Ideal or someone within 50 miles of Liverpool or Manchester.