Key Account Manager
Golden Charter has a fantastic opportunity for a Key Account Manager to join our growing field sales department covering England.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, this position is responsible for managing relationships with existing key accounts within the intermediary channel.
You will prioritise building on these existing relationships with the key objective of growing sales and ensuring that relationships are long term and mutually beneficial. These key accounts may come from a range of sectors including building societies, banks, insurance companies, regulated contact centres, IFA networks, national IFA’s, Will Writing associations, national Will Writers, employee benefits and other potential sources of business to maximise sales of our Prepaid Funeral Plans and Legal Services.
An additional key aspect of the role will be to support the National Sales Manager/Senior Development Manager by deputising when appropriate and through supporting the ongoing development of the Regional Account Manager teams.
If you are an experienced Business to Business field sales person looking for an opportunity to develop your skills and career this could well be the perfect role.
Financial/Legal Services experience is desirable but not essential; we are above all looking for someone who is driven by success.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To manage, develop and maintain relationships with existing intermediary partners
- Build strong, effective relationships with existing intermediary partners, ensuring they meet the standards required by Golden Charter
- To achieve and exceed personal targets and objectives as set by intermediaries senior management
- Develop & implement effective strategic business plans for our Prepaid Funeral Plans and Legal Services and identify opportunities for growth to ensure delivery of sales volume targets
- Closely monitor intermediary partner sales performance including sales volume, commission averages, business quality (to include cancellation rates, application completion, payment type mix) with adherence to the Golden Charter Compliance Framework
- To maintain strong relationships with Head Office departments and ensure intermediary service level expectations are met and maintained at all times
- Play an integral role in supporting the intermediaries senior management team
- Ensure Golden Charter’s values, culture and standards of performance expectations are maintained at all times including, but not limited to:
o Responsibility for identifying and managing risks attached to the accounts they manage within their reasonable means of control
o Adhering to the intermediary/ corporate partner onboarding processes
o Ensuring an understanding of how the account undertakes the sale of Golden Charter products and any changes to that approach over the lifetime of the account
o Monitoring of individual account activity with a particular focus on the achievement of pre-defined quality standards
- The ideal candidate will have a strong sales and management background ideally in the financial services industry, legal services, or intermediary sales
- Account Management - ability to manage and develop relationships and deliver incremental year on year sales from existing intermediaries
- Experience of managing contractual negotiations and end to end new business tender processes
- Resilient - able to withstand and respond to challenges
- Results Orientated - driven to succeed and achieve and exceed personal objectives
- Self-motivated - a positive attitude, able to work alone or as part of a team
- Commercially aware - able to negotiate, within delegated limits, and achieve the best result for the company
- Excellent communicator - ability to communicate across all levels including intermediary, corporate partner & Golden Charter board, senior management, middle management etc.
- Organised - manages diary, projects etc to ensure maximum return from activities for the business
Salary - £35-£40,000, OTE £45-£50,000
Benefits - Company car/car allowance (£5,000), pension contribution, life insurance, fantastic career opportunities.