Legal Secretary -Probate / Private Client
Role - Legal Secretary - Private Client / Probate
Locations - Coventry
Salary - £18000 - £20000
(NB - PART-TIME HOURS COULD BE CONSIDERED FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE)
Our Client has over 180 years’ experience providing a wide range of legal services to individuals and businesses in Warwickshire and beyond. Their Solicitors are all experts in their field and offer a professional and tailored service to a wide range of clients from members of the public through to large companies. They work out of offices in Leamington Spa and Coventry and offer a home service for personal Clients when required - which highlights their dedication to providing the best and most flexible service to Clients
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Audio typing of correspondence, documents and forms.
- Checking the Central Diary and informing other Fee Earners where appropriate
- Seeing Clients and taking instructions
- Dealing with telephone enquiries and written communication within a reasonable time
- Dealing with a range of Private Client matters but in particular Probate business
- Maintaining an efficient filing system for client matters as well as ensuring that all "dead" files are closed and stored on a frequent and regular basis
- Witnessing signatures on legal documents.
- Have a working knowledge of the Solicitors Practice Rules and the Solicitors Accounts Rules and to ensure compliance at all times.
- Reviewing outstanding bills regularly and following up payment where necessary.
- Ensuring that all client monies are held in the correct type of account and that clients entitlement to interest is observed.
- Faxing documents
- Dealing with outgoing post.
Skills and Qualifications
- Word Processing Skills
- Audio typing
- Ability to use telephone switchboard.
- Good level of numeracy and literacy (GCSE Grade D or above)
- Good organisational abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly both written and oral
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Honesty and discretion
- Patience, tolerance and common sense
- Sense of Humour
In applying provide a paragraph to 'sell yourself’ into such a role.