TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER - GERMAN SPEAKER
Position: 1st Line Technical Support Engineer - German Speaking
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England
About Our Client
Our client is a leading provider of Outsourcing solutions for companies globally. For more than 30 years, we’ve worked closely with some of the most notable companies in the world, creating innovative ways to enhance the relationships they have with their customers. Our Client have more than 125,000 employees working in more than 150 service centres and 31 countries. We offer expertise and services for our clients and many more career opportunities for our talented employees. Clients and customers around the globe benefit from our geographic footprint, language capabilities, and breadth and depth of services.
In Newcastle, They are a workplace of diversity which has been demonstrated with the numerous accolades won. They’re looking to add positive, motivated individuals to our team, who are eager to learn our business, grow in their careers and advance within the company.
About the Client
The customer account you will be working on creates innovative products, storage systems and software that help customers around the world store, manage, protect, and retain one of their most precious corporate assets, their data. They are recognized throughout the industry for continually pushing the limits of today's technology so that their customers never have to choose between saving money and acquiring the capabilities they need to be successful. Our client partners with industry leaders to create the most efficient and cost-effective solutions optimized for their IT needs, and to deliver and support them worldwide
As part of an EMEA multilingual team, you will be providing 3rd party support to the customers of the market leader in storage systems. You will support customers via the phone and email, troubleshooting protocols which are running on our client’s products and support their customers with the isolation and resolution of their problems. You will cooperate closely with our French, Italian, Spanish, German, Hebrew and English Teams. Candidates should be well motivated to work independently, as well as in a team, with a customer orientated attitude. You will need outstanding technical skills in order to solve problems quickly and efficiently within SLA’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or engineering preferred, or equivalent level of education or relevant work experience
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role (Support/Customer Service)
- Excellent organisational and technical support skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and German,
- Working knowledge and experience with UNIX/Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge and experience with file sharing protocols is preferred NFS/CIFS etc.
- TCP/IP or basic networking knowledge is essential
- DNS/DHCP/AD knowledge
- Microsoft/Cisco/ NetApp certifications are a plus
- Experience and knowledge with Storage Systems (SAN/NAS) would be a major advantage
- Experience with any of the following would be an advantage;
o Windows Server 2003/2008 R2
o VMware ESX/ Hyper-V
o MS Exchange 2003/2007/2010
o Enterprise Backup Software
What’s on Offer
- Competitive Salary and benefits scheme
- Working as part of a successful multi-cultural team
- Excellent training opportunities, both with Convergys Corporation and our client
- Experience working in the enterprise marketplace
- Outstanding opportunity for personal development within a tenured multi skilled team