Group Financial Controller
Working for a growing FMCG business in North Kent, this interesting and comprehensive role of Group Financial Controller has arisen. This exciting and challenging No1 role will be responsible to the Board of Directors for the strategic direction of the business, leading statutory accounts, overseeing the production of management accounts, pensions, managing relationships with banks and professional bodies.
Detailed duties include;
- Overseeing the production of monthly accurate Management Accounts and associated monthly Cash Flow figures
- Budgeting, Forecasting, Financial and Strategic Planning
- Liaise with bank Relationship Managers
- Oversee VAT returns, PAYE payment, P11Ds, Intrastat returns, Directors Tax liabilities and subsequent liaison work with HMRC.
- Audits both internal and external Statutory Accounts, liaising with Auditors
- Suggest and implement Cost Saving initiatives, as well as Co-ordinating Cost Saving Initiatives - exploring areas of expenditure that can be reduced with Senior Management Teams throughout the business
- Debtor control - review the debtors in a timely manner, ensure overdue payments are minimised and provide advice on credit applications
- Creditor control - review the creditors and ensure suppliers are paid on terms.
- Undertake the reconciliation of PAYE payments monthly.
- Purchase foreign exchange forward deals (Euros).
This role would suit someone who is formally qualified with an accountancy qualification, has excellent time management skills. They will not only be able to complete timely and accurate accounts, but have the flair to support the commercial decision making for the business, identifying opportunities to increase profit/reduce costs. This really is a fantastic opportunity.