£25,000-£30,000 + benefits
Our client is an entrepreneurial, fast growing SME operating in a high quality, manufacturing and service sector. Due to ongoing growth, they now seek to appoint a highly-motivated individual into their supply chain team.
This will be a key role within the supply chain department to expedite and control the flow of materials in and around the business with enormous potential for someone to make their mark and then progress within the ever-growing supply chain function. The successful candidate will have excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills and will be able to effectively communicate with vendors to improve quality and on time delivery performance.
You will have the opportunity to make a tangible impact on business outcomes, by demonstrating decisiveness and a desire to drive process improvements. This is a business undergoing significant change and therefore its teams must effectively adapt and react positively to growth and/or market opportunities. Additionally, there is an expectation that continuous improvement should be truly embedded within the culture, with the workforce actively seeking ways to improve customer service, putting customer needs at the centre of decision making.
- Research various vendor options and select the best options based on the business needs.
- Work with vendors to determine a reasonable supply rate, co-ordinating the timing and means of delivery.
- Handle vendor related services, such as poor product quality or delivery delays and put in place metrics to monitor and maintain vendor consistency.
- Find solutions to budget limitations, vendor errors, and other problems as they arise
- Work with various departments to determine the amount and type of goods required and the quality standards expected.
- Keep an inventory of goods within the business and identify excess/obsolete materials with a view to material scrap/returns.
- Track orders from placement through delivery.
- Ensure that material movement through the business is conducted in a timely manner and that appropriate departments are aware of internal deadlines for outworks.
- Develop budgets for the goods required by each department.
- Seek out cost savings on the procurement of goods and request budget increases as needed.
- Identify and implement stocking policies that will improve material availability to the production line.
For the right person this is an exciting opportunity with a business that operates at the highest levels of quality and has real momentum. The role offers significant potential for career progression and development. The group is growing both organically and through acquisition, and progression will be limited only by your own ability.
If you are ambitious and capable and seeking a new challenge / next rung on the ladder, we’d like to hear from you. If you are interested in more information please apply now on-line or contact Camilla Clark at Rockfield Specialist Recruitment