Payroll & Benefits Manager - Chelmsford
Payroll & Benefits Manager
£40,000 + Benefits
My Client is looking for a Payroll Manager based in the Centre of Chelmsford. the role is for a technically strong payroll professional, stable on all elements of a start to finish Payroll process. The succesful candidate will manage the Payroll team day to day, manage the LGPS and auto enrolment pension schemes, lead any projects, handle process and procedural changes and work closely with HR and Finance for reporting, budgeting and forecasting etc.
- Managing two payroll streams, monthly and weekly
- Manage the implementation of a new payroll system
- Management of the employment benefits and updated knowledge on benefits is required such as: company cars, healthcare, childcare vouchers, salary sacrifice schemes
- Manage the day to day work of the payroll team making sure that all issues and queries are addressed on the timely basis
- Responsible for the accuracy of all payroll payments & reporting to employees, pension schemes, HMRC and other bodies (Unions, Childcare vouchers, BUPA payments) and reconciling payments to payroll records
- Gain an understanding of the business processes and procedures.Take ownership of and implement new Payroll processes and best-practices
- Responsible for compliance with the employment tax laws and regulations including auto-enrolment and salary sacrifice rules.
- Implement and monitor any audit recommendations
- Meeting KPIs to drive performance and process improvements
Working alongside key internal stakeholders and building relationships across the business
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Have managerial experience within Payroll for a minimum of two years
- Relevant qualifications and CPD
- Demonstrated knowledge of pension regulations both auto-enrolment and LGPS and salary sacrifice rules.
- Updated knowledge on all employment taxes and future changes as communicated in the summer and autumn statements
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and business partnering skills.
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to show continual improvement in the organisational context
- Willing to learn and be responsible for their own learning and development
- Proven leadership skills
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook etc
For more information please contact Jack at Coyle Personnel, Chelmsford Essex - Chelmsford - 254 726