Model validation and Valuations - Advisor/Assistant Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support with the application of model validation services including valuations of derivatives, bonds, private equity and other financial instruments.
- Application of valuation techniques / valuation understanding on to other related client engagements for instance Interest rate risk in the Banking Book ("IRRBB"), VaR models reviews and stress testing of market risk.
- Supporting other staff with proposals for other client engagements and provide delivery expertise for project work with both larger, multi-disciplinary projects and smaller engagements. This would include helping build good working relationships across a variety of clients including investment banks, challenger banks and building societies.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge in areas of valuation regulation for instance XVA, Prudent Valuation adjustments and keeping abreast with any pertinent regulatory or industry developments.
- To be very focused on key areas of the changing market and regulatory agenda that offer potentially attractive opportunities for KPMG.
Education and Qualification:
- Educated to degree level in Maths, Finance, Physics or similar relevant subject.
- Post-degree qualification (MSc, CFA, ACA) beneficial but not essential.
Experience and Background:
- Previous experience of working within a top tier financial services firm, a consultancy or regulator in a model validation, product control or valuation role.
- An appreciation of the prudential regulation related to Banks
- Deep knowledge and experience of traded products and their associated risk factors along with valuations and market risk quantification techniques. Knowledge of proposed regulatory changes, such as FRTB, XVA, etc, would be advantageous.
- Good verbal and written skills particularly the ability to write reports for clients and to distil technical content and information into a form non-technical individuals can understand is important.
- Able to produce high quality client proposals and to be able to work at times under pressure producing work of a high standard.