Client Liaison Officer with UES London
An exciting role within a growing education company
UES London is a bespoke tutoring agency and educational consultancy based in Marylebone, London, specialising in US college applications. We are a small, friendly organisation where everyone knows and supports each other, staff are ambitious and love their jobs, and students love working with their tutors!
We are looking for a part-time (leading to full-time) Client Liaison Officer who will help in the general running of the organisation and work closely with the directors and business manager. A key role will be to schedule lessons with students, which will involve liaising between tutors and families, careful planning of time and resources, and anticipating issues that may arise.
This would suit an ambitious graduate who is looking to develop a fulfilling career within a small business environment and who is knowledgeable or willing to learn in depth about US education. The role will encompass everyday tasks such as responding to emails and phone calls from clients and tutors, to more challenging tasks such as marketing, research and business development. Another important task will be to issue and keep track of client invoices, and to aid in the smooth running of the organisation by ordering supplies, printing teaching materials and handling problems.
The successful candidate will be asked to think of creative ways to engage students via social media. This will involve raising our profile on Twitter, Facebook and other platforms. Additionally, he/she will carry out research of potential partners.
This is an exciting position that is varied and dynamic, and has the potential to develop into a leading role within our growing organisation. The previous post holder has been promoted internally, and we envisage a similar path for the successful candidate. For that reason, it would suit someone with the ambition and willingness to explore new opportunities and to drive the business forward.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Polite, friendly and professional demeanour at all times;
- High level of customer service skills;
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently and to manage several tasks simultaneously;
- Capable of prioritising own workload and taking initiative;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- High degree of organisation;
- Ability to manage finances;
- Convincing communication and sales awareness;
- Good timekeeping.
We expect the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- 3 A-Levels at A*-C grade or equivalent (including IB or Scottish Highers);
- Experience of customer service;
- Experience of using email programmes;
- Experience of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
The following qualifications and experience are desirable but not necessary:
- An undergraduate university degree (Lower 2nd Class or above);
- Knowledge of the UK and US school and university systems;
- Ambition to play a leading part in growing a business;
- An understanding of how to engage new clients via social media;
- Experience of carrying out internet research.
Pay and Conditions
Start date: Mid-late July 2017.
Location: Marylebone, London, UK.
Training: Initial on-the-job training of one month, followed by continued support from friendly team.
Rate of pay: £25k pa pro rata. This will rise with additional responsibilities.
Hours per week: Minimum 21 hours (3 days per week), rising to full time after initial training period of one month.
Working hours: 10am-6pm weekdays; occasional weekend mornings (max one per month).
Holidays per year: 28 days paid inc. bank holidays (pro rata based on 37.5 hours per week full time).
During the part-time period, the working times per week are negotiable. Holidays are limited to only one or two days per week during our busiest period of 1st September - 22nd December. Home working may be available on some days.
- Please send a CV and attach a personalised cover letter explaining why you are interested in this particular job and company, and demonstrating that you have understood the qualities we are looking for.
- Suitable candidates will be invited to a short telephone interview (5-10mins).
- If suitable, there will be a face-to-face interview at our offices in Marylebone.
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo a brief email and phone test to assess communication and decision-making.
- Final decisions will be made by the end of June, with a view to beginning in mid-late July, depending on the candidate’s availability.