Service Desk Manager
QuoStar are seeking a Service Desk Manager to join the business in an exciting time of growth. This is a heavy weight role for a professionally minded individual with a keen interest in developing people, processes and systems. The role in summary is to continually build and develop QuoStar’s service teams to maintain world-class standards. This will be a hugely rewarding role, working with people at the top of their game in a fun and hardworking environment.
The key points of the role are:
To manage both the internal and client facing service teams to:
- Ensure they are working efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure client and staff satisfaction.
- Identify areas for continual improvement.
- Manage through improvements.
To work with the Account Management team to:
- Ensure they are fully informed with regards to clients’ needs.
- Identify improvements that would benefit the client.
- Provide reporting and statistics for clients.
- On occasion attend client meetings and service reviews.
- Identify, define, manage, monitor and report on the services and service levels required to support and deliver the Service Desk function.
- Ensure relevant Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are in place, managed, monitored, reported on and communicated to clients.
- Coordinate the identification and resolution of service incidents and problems and, where required, escalate to and co-ordinate resolution with third party suppliers.
- Identify and manage service improvement opportunities.
- Ensure continuous service improvement is embedded in the culture and working practices of the Service Desk.
- Identify and manage the Service Desk processes, including request management, incident management and problem management.
- Responsible for the operational service relationship with all clients.
- Ensure all service management processes are documented, maintained and adhered to.
- Maintain the Problem Log and help to expedite the resolution of problems identified.
- Contribute to the change management process; in particular represent the interests of the client when assessing risk and impact. Monitor changes completed and update documentation as required.
- Ensure major incident response procedures have been identified, documented and maintained and that Service Desk staff have been trained on these procedures.
- Identify and monitor risks, governance and compliance requirements related to the Service Desk environment. Help to specify and implement appropriate mitigation and/or control measures.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulation with special emphasis on IT Service Management (ISO 20000) and Information Security (ISO 27001).
- Identify objectives and undertake Service Desk team appraisals. Agree performance measures and, as appropriate, targets.
- Manage, monitor and report on the performance of the Service Desk against identified KPI’s.
- Provide exemplary leadership, management and motivation of the Service Desk team promoting professional development opportunities where possible.
- Ensure Service Desk staff are appropriately skilled and trained to deliver excellent technical support and client service.
- Manage the Service Desk staffing levels and task allocation to ensure adequate cover for operating workloads.
- Strive for continuous improvement in everything you do.
- Minimum 3 years Service Desk Management or IT Management role
- Previous technical experience working in a client facing support role
- Be a resilient self-starter, comfortable with challenging deadlines and the need to review and evaluate your own priorities, whilst being able to lead and motivate a highly productive Service Desk team in a pressurised environment
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work calmly under pressure, multitask and prioritise
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and helpful attitude. In particular, the ability to empathise with clients and respond sensitively to their problems, requests and complaints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical information clearly
- Excellent people management skills
- Smart appearance
- Full UK Driving license and own car
- Degree or Equivalent
- ISO20000 Practitioner or equivalent
- 9:00am to 5:30pm