Business Intelligence Analyst
This role supports all areas of Principality Building Society to deliver its strategic, tactical, financial objectives and day to day operations by providing bespoke Business Intelligence reporting to key stakeholders.
You will be responsible for understanding and translating user requirements for all reporting and analytics into useable solutions capable of delivering deep business insight. We will look for you to challenge existing practice, identify gaps and take opportunities to enhance the current stack of Business Intelligence reporting.
What you will do:
- Develop bespoke Business Intelligence and Management Information reports that meet the needs of the end users and other stakeholders via technical packages such as SSRS, Power BI and SQL Server.
- Provide accurate and timely information and insight to internal customers that enable business decisions to be made.
- Work closely with the BI Development Teams and other IT Teams by translating business requirements into actionable work packages to support report production and the development of high quality end user solutions.
- Communicate with Key Stakeholders on deliverables and progress of Reporting.
- Provide coaching/training to business users on BI tools.
- Provide support and reporting on business projects throughout the business transitional states.
- Help maintain and develop BI SharePoint Site and use of SharePoint enabled functions such as PowerPivot.
- To develop Management KPI’s and Mobile/Tablet reporting via SSRS and Power BI.
- Follow the agreed reporting and coding standards while following key processes including reporting requirements, testing and sign off.
- Respond to ad hoc requests and work alongside other team members to manage such requests.
What we are looking for:
We are keen to speak to people that have experience in a similar role within a fast paced commercial environment. You will ideally have experience of using Microsoft SSRS, SQL and Power BI or the equivalent reporting packages along with previous experience of providing a Business Intelligence service to a wide variety of consumers. As well as possessing strong technical skills in the Microsoft Business Intelligence product set, you will be at an advanced level with Microsoft Excel.
Who are we?
With 53 branches and 18 agencies across Wales and the borders, Principality is the 6th largest Building Society in the UK. As a mutual society, we are owned by and run for the benefit of our 500,000 members.
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re currently on a Group wide transformational journey that will see our brand, technology, colleague and customer offerings updated and enhanced to really put Principality on the map and make us a brand and employer of choice within Wales and beyond. This is supported by our recent sponsorship of the iconic Principality Stadium, which has put us on a global stage.
As a business, Principality is keen to recruit talented individuals who are interested in joining a company in which they can really make a difference. Although the Society has been established for nearly 160 years, we pride ourselves on a progressive culture, which encourages its employees to thrive.
What can we offer you?
As well as a great working environment with a strong family feel and plenty of opportunities for development and growth, you can expect a generous package that includes pension, bonus and incentive schemes, free life assurance cover, critical illness protection, private healthcare and the option to buy extra holiday each year. You can also be a part of our Sports & Social club which gives our colleagues access to discounted theatre, sporting and family events and to top it all off, we always have tickets up for grabs for the latest events at Principality Stadium.
As Principality colleagues, we want you to walk a mile in our customer’s shoes. This is why we provide all staff with £100 to open a savings account at your local branch to really feel a part of our core business. £100 also grants you voting rights at the Principality Annual General Meeting.
To find out more - apply today!