Head of Mid-Market Sales
Head of Mid-Market Sales
City of London
Salary: £60k base + £48k commission (uncapped)
Our client is a leader in point-of-sale consumer finance. They believe that credit should liberate, not burden. It should feel uplifting, exciting and empowering. They believe in the power of possibility. It's why they innovate to open up new opportunities for customers, merchants and lenders.
Based in their City of London offices, a permanent role has arisen for an experienced sales manager to head their mid-market sales team.
You will be tasked with leading a team of 5 business development managers, with the focus on winning new business. They are looking for a motivated and determined 'player manager' with at least 2 years sales experience in finance or technology.
You will play a key role in the development of your team. You'll be an outstanding coach and people manager, confident in training your team to achieve maximum results. You will lead by example, ensuring your team is enthusiastic and motivated.
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of the team, ensuring new sales leads are developed and sales targets are achieved.
- Using the Salesforce to assign, review and monitor sales leads and team performance.
- Manage underperformance in a timely manner.
- Host weekly and monthly sales meetings to review performance, results and strategies.
- Motivate and drive your team to exceed targets through cold and warm calling.
- Prepare weekly sales reports and monthly presentations for the Senior Management Team.
- Continuously coach, develop and motivate your team.
- Recruit and train new hires and ensure a successful induction into your team and the company.
- Lead by example by initiating contact with potential new clients, building strong relationships and understand their needs in order to win their business.
- Liaise with their marketing team to create industry specific, sales campaigns.
- Work with their Account Managers to on-board new clients.
- Become an expert in all aspects of their platform and built a deep knowledge of their market.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a financial or technology sales environment, selling to businesses, principally via telephone and email.
- A strong leader, with experience coaching, developing and motivating staff.
- Consistent achievement of sales targets.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Knowledge of finance and/or payments preferred but not essential.
- A charismatic communicator who can establish relationships at all levels.
- A sales hunter, who knows how to prospect, present, negotiate and close.
- Skilled communicator, both verbal and written and highly persuasive in a complex solution sale environment.
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience in sales management.
- A disciplined self-starter, results driven and committed to achieving career recognition and financial reward
- Effortless technical skills to enable you to thrive in a tech-driven company
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter quoting HMM-17
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.