Field Service Engineer
Convergence Group has an exciting opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to join their team based in London. You will be on a full time permanent basis, with a highly competitive salary of £20,000 - £25,000 plus on call, company bonus and car allowance.
We are a leading supplier of data and connectivity network services and have an enviable reputation for innovation and customer service. Were a people centric business with a clear growth vision and our mission is clear; it’s all about taking what is already a successful and profitable business, led by a dynamic and challenging MD, to the next level.
We are now looking to recruit a Field Service Engineer to become part of the team of multi-skilled individuals. You will interact with other teams such as the Customers, Vendors, Service Desk, NOC, Logistics and other internal departments as required.
Accountabilities of our Field Service Engineer
- Key result areas will be related to successful completion of the key tasks of the role
- Attend incidents and installations as assigned in a timely and efficient manner
- Travel to customer premises across the UK and EU may be required at any time with short notice.
- Understand the need for prioritisation of incidents, and except that business drivers may need to be taken into account
- Escalate incidents to the 2nd/3rd Line as appropriate.
- For managed services, co-ordinate with NOC to ensure configurations are correctly applied and service has been restored to users.
- For Maintenance customers, ensure site contact has tested functionality and has agreed functionality has been restored.
- Perform installations or new or replacement equipment on customer site
- For all sites, ensure an electronic service report has been completed and signed by the customer
- Obtain software from Vendors to resolve incidents
- Upgrade Software on site to resolve incidents if required
- Identify training requirements to ensure that the skills required to perform the role are kept at up to date and are relevant
- At the completion of a site visit, ensure that exports of current configurations are given to the customer, and where allowed by the customer’s security polices retained by the engineer to be deposited on the Convergence Group Configuration repository
Skills required to become our Field Service Engineer
- CCNA/Entry level certification (or working towards) from one of the major vendors supported by Convergence Group or experience working with equipment from one or more of the major network vendors (Cisco, preferably).
- Excellent analytical skills
- Confident and honest – straight talking please!
- Resilient and enjoys working in a challenging & fast moving environment
- Willing to contribute, advise and challenge the status quo as appropriate
- Ability to influence peers and make a positive impact
- Results focused
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Field Service Engineer then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will be required to undergo Baseline Personnel Security Vetting Standard (BPSS) and may be required to undergo Security Clearance (SC).