Graduate Data Scientist - Python / R / SQL
We're supporting the Graduate recruitment drive for one of the major players in the consumer insight and data science consulting industry.
The company's looking for a couple of individuals to join their team here. The remit will be to support on a couple of their key client accounts, namely within the consumer retail and FMCG industries.
They're specifically looking for applicants who have studied highly numerate subjects, Economics, Maths, Stats, etc. and have gained some experience in using SQL, as well as either Python of R as part of their courses. On top of this will be a natural curiosity you poses in wanting to analyse human behaviour through mining and modelling their data.
In joining this company you will be taking on a role within the consulting team. This means, as your skills and experience progress, you will be given client facing exposure and eventually begin to lead client engagement. From requirements gathering, translating their business challenges into data science projects, and articulating findings back into the clients' business, speaking their language with sound recommendations which will enable the clients' business to make sound, evidence based decisions.
The scope of the projects you will be exposed to are very wide ranging. These will include some traditional analytics and CRM based ones, but much more of your work will be in the Big Data space and data science projects, employing techniques like machine learning and sophisticated modelling.
The opportunities to learn and grow within this business is significant. You will be part of a good-sized team of highly experienced, client-facing data scientists, who you will be able to shadow and learn from. The company also offers external training programmes as well as internal knowledge sharing from people recognised as industry thought leaders and experts in the Data Science field.
If you're interested in finding out more about this opportunity, why not contact Colin Doree at Blue Pelican today.
Role: Graduate Data Scientist
Location: Central London
Salary: £25,000 to £29,000 (based on experience)
Benefits: Bonus, pension, flex-fund and lots more.
- You must have a good degree with a 2:1 or above in a highly numerical subject, such as Economics, Maths, Statistics, MORSE, Operational Research, etc.
- MSC or above in similar subject types would be highly beneficial
- Impressive A' level results in Maths/numerical subjects
- Gained some experience in SQL and can code to some degree
- Some experience with either R or Python preferred - but will also accept applicants who have used SAS or SPSS
- A keen interest in wanting to develop your career in the Data Science arena
- Any experience in handling large volumes of complex data, analysing it, identifying trends within and able to synthesise hypothesise from these, test and prove them… all through using data to predicting behaviour will be highly beneficial
- Really sound problem solving skills employing analytical techniques
- Any experience with machine learning will be really beneficial too
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call and ask for the marketing division.