Food Buyer, 6-10 Month FTC
Our client is one of the most well-known retailers in the UK. Recognised as a brand whose strong values and culture are at the heart of their success. Based in the heart of London, they are now looking for a Buyer to join their Food team on an initial 6-10 month contract.
What does this Food Buyer, 6-10 Month FTC role involve?
You will be responsible for a specific buying area for the business, to source new brands and product and negotiate the best terms, to manage existing brands and to work with marketing to drive sales and maximise profitability. To ensure the ordering process is managed efficiently within own area. To manage and develop a small team where relevant.
Key responsibilities of this Food Buyer, 6-10 Month FTC role:
· To source new brands and product in line with the strategy through knowledge and expertise of the product and market
· To negotiate the best possible terms with suppliers i.e. margin, trade discounts, markdown support
· To ensure that Buying decisions are based on a sound commercial framework to drive sales and profit
· To work closely with the Merchandiser to plan the OTB and to monitor and review in season, taking action or making recommendations to the Buying Manager where necessary.
· To be responsible for range planning, working closely with the Merchandiser and Buying Manager
· To manage existing brands through analysis of performance, taking action when necessary and making decision to keep or discontinue within the business
· To ensure effective communication with retail operations teams, particularly with regard to new season launches and product training
To work closely with VM to ensure product placement optimises the look and performance of the department
· To work closely with Marketing and PR and to maximise promotional opportunities during negotiations with suppliers
· To work with Property where necessary to ensure new concepts are implemented effectively
· To be responsible for the ordering process within the area, ensuring compliance with all relevant processes
· The Food Buyer, 6-10 Month FTC will manage and develop a small team where appropriate
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
AdMore Recruitment is a specialist retail recruitment and talent management consultancy.
Follow us on Twitter: @AdmoreRetail
Facebook: AdMore Recruitment