Job Title: Maintenance Operative
Reporting to: Procurement Manager/Facilities Manager
Salary: £18,000 - £ 24,000; based on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: London (across all campuses)
Job type: Permanent
UK College of Business and Computing (UKCBC) offers an inspiring journey with great career opportunities to its present and prospective employees. An opportunity has arisen to join the facilities maintenance team as a Maintenance Operative. You will play an important role in providing reactive maintenance at different college campuses across London.
You will be carrying out a variety of trades - Carpentry, Plumbing, tiling, Painting & Decorating, and Electricals. In order to be considered for this role you must have a strong multi trade background, ideally working in a busy environment such as schools, colleges or universities.
- Carry out the variety of general repairs and maintenance work, such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, tiling, painting and decorating, with/without supervision.
- Liaising with other departments and trades.
- Liaising with sub-contractors engaged on site in Manager’s absence.
- Shop tools, materials and equipment’s required to carry planned or reactive maintenance work.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for all requirements and attend goods and service delivery.
- Ensure the site is left clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with the requirements of Health and Safety and other relevant legislations and the contract services code of practice.
- Undertake relevant training and development activities.
- Support campus refurbishment, new build, planned and reactive maintenance.
- Maintaining control of tools & equipment’s and keep records of stocked items and materials.
- Carry out manual handling tasks when needed.
- Take receipt of incoming deliveries and locate into appropriate storage areas.
- Highlight any discrepancies regarding the volume or quality of goods received to the Purchasing Department.
- Maintain all storage areas in a neat, clean and orderly condition.
- Load skips/vehicles during waste disposal or furniture relocation between sites.
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the post objectives as required by the management.
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills.
- An experience of Manual Handling or previous manual handling training is advantageous.
- Relevant industry qualifications - NVQ, CSCS card etc.
- You will be required to undertake a DBS check.
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Employee benefits platform ( discounts and vouchers)
- Employee Assistance Programme