Sales Executive - FMCG
This highly successful and very well established wholesale food distributor is looking to expand its customer base as well as develop existing customers. Customer service and delivery have been at the core of their success, constantly evolving to move with customer trends and needs.
The company has invested heavily in its infrastructure over the last few years to ensure its fit for today and for future needs.
As the Business Development Manager/Account Manager you will be concentrating on winning new business and growing and retaining existing business.
Being a self-motivated and driven Sales Executive you will able to source and win new clients. Client size varies from small accounts through to key accounts.
As a successful Business Development Manager, you will have ideally come from an FMCG sales food background. You will be a strategic business do-er, have a demonstrable track record of achievement of opening new accounts and growing existing ones, and be able to understand customer buying styles and needs. You will also understand how individual accounts work and how to manage them effectively. You must have the ability or experience to be able to cold-call new business either face to face or over the phone.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Maximise company presence across Foodservice channels: cafes, restaurants, pubs, leisure, education, health, hotels, fast food outlets/qsr/clubs and other areas.
- Play a leading part in managing and driving new business.
- You will be fully responsible for delivering the sales and profit targets in accounts.
- To manage and develop strong long term sales relationships with relevant customers.
- Menu development with a consultative approach.
- Real understanding of food.
- Implementation of the company’s strategic sales plan for your specific customers.
- Develop short, medium & long terms plans for your accounts.
You may be currently working as a sales executive, zone manager, area sales manager, BDM, key account executive, sales development manager, territory manager, territory sales manager, sales development representative, regional sales executive or similar.