MI BI Analyst- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Role Purpose (Summary)
The BI Analyst will be responsible for championing the MI Data Warehouse and Reporting tools. Through the development of technical report solutions and usage of MI reporting tools, the BI Analyst will demonstrate to end users the capabilities and possibilities of reporting from the MI solution. The BI Analyst will work with end users to identify their reporting requirements, build the reporting solution and accommodate the user testing phases of projects providing ongoing post implementation business support.
- Lead the transition and delivery of the business unit’s more complex and unique reporting requirements, building reports in a variety of reporting tools from SQL to SSRS depending on requirements.
- Facilitate the identification and documentation of QBE business unit’s MI reporting requirements and where appropriate identify additional
- Undertake detailed problem investigation, data analysis and resolution to maintain and improve service to customers.
- Prioritise workloads to balance conflicting priorities in order to ensure that all given deadlines are achieved to a high standard.
- Engage with third party suppliers, as appropriate, in the delivery of analysis to support business requirement definition.
- Provide technical support to our end users on the use and application of data warehouse information.
- Extensive experience with key insurance metrics, preferably in a London Market environment, and underlying financial information elements.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Experience with data warehouse reporting tools and their capabilities, specifically MS Reporting Services, Tableau and Excel
- Experience in data analysis with the ability to demonstrate data interpretation capabilities
- Awareness of Power BI, Microsoft Analysis Services and SharePoint 2013 would be useful
- Good experience using structured business analytical and requirements gathering techniques
- Good awareness of the system development lifecycle and disciplines in tandem with a broad awareness of industry standard analysis techniques and approaches, and awareness and understanding of mainstream BI technologies and architectures.
- Experience of documenting specifications detailing solutions, for approval by users and for technical use by developers and testers, and ability to communicate and manage business expectations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment