Head of Risk and Compliance, Central London
Head of Risk and Compliance - Financial Institution
London - Central London
Up to £80,000 and Bonus Scheme
Our client, a fast growing FinTech50 business are looking for a compliance professional with senior management level experience within the Risk and/or Compliance function of a FCA regulated financial institution and lead a mid-sized team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to receive shares options in the business as well.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join their operations team. The successful candidate will manage a Risk & Compliance team as well as work closely with the Customer Service Manager and Development team, picking up a variety of operational functions to offer a best in industry operations team. They will have responsibility and autonomy from day one and have an excellent opportunity to progress with the business.
The successful candidate will have about 6/10 years’ experience (preferably in a Payments or Fintech environment) and be expected to execute and demonstrate the following.
· Be a business leader who can enable the company to successfully navigate risk in a regulated and fast paced environment
· Commercially minded with demonstrable experience of working with the business to find solutions
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with requirements of all Statute and Regulations relevant to an International Payments Business soon to be regulated by the FCA as an E-Money Institution
· Main point of contact for business, senior management, regulators and industry groups on compliance and risk matters
· Drive and take ownership of identifying and mitigating risk, (including but not limited to: credit, market, liquidity, operational, legal and compliance, data, systemic, and other risks) within assigned area(s) of responsibility including:
· Develop, communicate and ensure adherence to department risk policies, procedures and best practices
· Reassess existing processes and create new ones that most effectively anticipate, manage and reduce risk to the firm and its partners
· Foster an environment of regulatory awareness and ensure regulatory compliance
· Developing, maintaining, updating and implementing Compliance and Risk policies, procedures, manuals, and programmes to reflect best practice and regulatory and industry requirements
· Overseeing and maintaining the Compliance Framework and Programme
· Overseeing and providing advice to senior management and the business on compliance and risk issues as well as regulatory trends
· Leading and developing team members in performing control tasks in accordance with approved plan for the compliance monitoring programme
· Participating in the approval process for new business initiatives, operational procedures and major operational system changes
· The individual will be appointed MLRO of the businesses once authorised
**Applicants must be eligible to live and work within the EU. Documented evidence will be required as part of the interview and recruitment process.