General Manager - Fitness & Wellbeing Centre
We need an innovative General Manager with a passion for exceptional customer service, to drive the commercial success of our Fitness and Wellbeing Centre.
Our mission is to deliver healthier futures for people across the UK by providing holistic, integrated healthcare. To do this, our finances, policies and procedures have to be in great shape too.
Now we're looking for a results oriented leader who can inspire and motivate our teams to keep growing customer satisfaction. So if you're in a leisure, retail or hospitality management role, and you're looking for a bigger career, now's the time to apply to Nuffield Health.
About this Fitness and Wellbeing Management Role
This role is about delivering impressive results and introducing new operational and sales strategies. It means solving numerous challenges - financial, client sales and people management - while ensuring the effective day-to-day management of the centre.
You'll drive sales through the performance of your staff, making sure that extraordinary customer service is obsessively delivered, developing our brand within the local market as you:
- Drive the success of your centre as if it's your own business, leading from the front
- Inspire a diverse team that includes fitness, sales, admin and reception staff, GPs, physiotherapists, nutritionists, therapists and physiologists
- Make sure we always deliver a great experience whether providing personal training, health MOTs or other services
- Identify new opportunities and innovate new ways to grow our membership
- Help take fitness and wellbeing in an exciting new direction as we develop a range of new services
Management Experience, Skills and Values
As a talented leader within the leisure, fitness or hospitality sector, you'll have a proven ability to motivate others and generate sales, while taking full P&L responsibility.
Being a self-starter with high levels of drive, energy and integrity, you're more than capable of living our brand values of independence, enterprise, passion and caring. Having a good understanding of brands, you'll relish the opportunity to develop ours in the local market.
Mature in outlook, you believe in the value of clarity, transparency and fairness. You also believe in the value of fitness and healthy lifestyles and understand how they impact wellbeing.
You'll have experience of working in the fitness and leisure industry, or have a hospitality background, in customer-facing roles. You must also have the following experience:
- A proven track record of generating turnover, improving financial performance and exceeding EBITDA
- Shaping and driving strategies to generate new business to positively impact revenue streams and profit
- Demonstrable team management experience with large teams of 10 heads or more and of managing complex people challenges
- Have a record of driving teams to think commercially, delivering or exceeding relevant EBITDA and motivating or enabling teams to work towards shared business goals impacting overall performance
- Experience of developing strong talent pools and succession plans
- Experience of stakeholder management and the ability to work with senior management teams
- Analysing and reviewing financial management information and acting on itOur charitable status means that for us, people come first.
You'll share our values and see your role as part of our mission to help people live life to the full.
Why Nuffield Health?
It's not only our patients and clients who we help live happier, healthier lives, our employees do too. With our support, career development, generous benefits package and respect for balance, you too can make the most of everything in life.
This is an exciting time for us and it could be for you too. Our vision is to transform healthcare in the UK by bringing together assessment, treatment and prevention services to provide integrated care - health as it should be.
As the UK's leading healthcare social enterprise, every penny we make is reinvested in our resources. It means that together, we can all do the right thing for our patients, clients and employees.
Key Employee Benefits:
- Continuing professional and career development
- Generous holiday and leave arrangements
- Flexible pension options
- Life assurance and healthcare schemes
- Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
- Free membership of Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres, with heavily subsidised memberships for family
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling - legal, financial, etc.
- Employee discounts on a wide range of products and services.
Nuffield Health is committed to equal opportunities in the recruitment, training, and development of our employees. We have a duty to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for disclosure on successful candidates.
We may change the closing date if we receive a high number of responses for this role.