Junior Helpdesk Assistant
We are recruiting for a professional and enthusiastic Helpdesk Assistant to join our client’s helpdesk team, based in the centre of Birmingham. The helpdesk team look after numerous sites in the UK with approximately 450 users.
You will be working as part of a small team, handling inbound calls from users, as well as some desk side support. The majority of queries will be phone based, so it is very important to have great communication skills and the ability to build rapport quickly over the phone.
The role in brief:
- Logging calls and agreeing priority with the user
- Attempting to fix the issue over the phone - connecting remotely
- Agree next steps and timeline with the user
- Escalate to another member of the team if required
- Identify reoccurring issues/trends and inform the Helpdesk Manager
- Keep technical records up to date
Previous experience in a helpdesk role would be beneficial, along with a good basic level of technical knowledge.
We are looking for an individual who is friendly and organised, someone who is keen to learn and develop. You will have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and will work well as a team.
We offer lots of benefits in addition to basic salary, including childcare vouchers, an employee assistance programme, a cycle to work scheme, and regular team nights out. Team development is very important to us, and you will have regular development reviews with your manager, where training and career development are planned.