Mathematics Graduate (Games)
Mathematics Graduate (Games) Location Bristol 22/30K
The company develops great games for mobile and tablet devices. They have the complete studio solution, to include 2d/3d games design and development.
You will be essential in helping to create, design, calculate, analyze and process game ideas which eventually translate into games for mobile and desktop play. You will make sure that the mathematics created for these games is accurate.
• Assist with the design of multiple games from concept to prototype; participates in designing games including mathematics, provides feedback on the creative look and feel; demonstrates competency in game design abilities.
• Utilise basic game design, mathematical, and creative skills to create multiple assigned games; focusing on the entire scope of game design elements
• Work on multiple routine games and game design projects
• Typically work on at least 3 games at a given time
• Execute the full scope of game design activities that involve basic creative thinking, industry and competitive knowledge and technical skills
• Develop and analyse game mathematical properties and the design of updates and changes to these properties
First Year Goals
• Contribute to the conceptualizing, design and calculation for multiple product ideas for the games portfolio.
• Deliver mathematical & design documentation for each project and follow its full implementation through the development process.
• Test and feedback on games in both development and production
• Bachelor’s degree or above in Mathematics (or related field) or equivalent experience; some work or coursework in probability/combinatorics.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and solid interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities to solve a variety of problems in a timely manner.
• Must thrive and enjoy solving challenging problems, as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, in order to meet various deadlines.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Strong enthusiasm for games in general.