Director of Finance and Operations
A London-based consultancy focussing on gaining market access for technology products and services seeks a Director of Finance and Operations to help manage the firm’s expansion. There is a small Finance and Operations department which manages the company’s day-to- day operations and helps the senior management understand the financial state of the business. The company depends on Finance and Operations for recording operating activities, tracking changes in business conditions and helping to predict operating indicators. The success of Finance and Operations depends on its team of dedicated, strategic-minded individuals. You will work alongside some of the technology industry’s most influential thought leaders to support the company’s growth.
The Director of Finance and Operations will have responsibility for managing all of the financial aspects of the company. The successful applicant will interact directly with the senior leadership and the finance/accounting teams (including outside accountancies and counsel in the markets where the company is licensed to trade).
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Leading the annual budgeting process
- Preparing periodic forecasts
- Participate in key operational business decisions and financial planning
- Reviewing and confirming monthly revenue recognition
- Provide timely and accurate financial information to Management, including the compilation and delivery of monthly reporting packages
- Provide timely and accurate forecast information
- Assisting the management team in determining staffing needs.
- Managing the calculation and reporting of business metrics to facilitate timely decision making
- Support the preparation of cost estimates for client proposals
All applicants must have a degree in Finance, Accounting or a related study and will have 4-7 years of related experience in a project-based professional services firm or similar environment. Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and MS Dynamics AX is essential. Awareness of Salesforce CRM would be an advantage. Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to develop trusted business relationships by delivering quality work product to deadline. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required, alongside the ability to work with diverse groups of internal and external clients. Exceptional communication, organisation and time management skills are essential in this role. Candidates will need a detailed understanding of international accounting, foreign exchange and currency management. Passion for technology strategy and policy issues would be an advantage. There will be some travel required in this role.